Dan E. Friesen

Dan E. Friesen

Personal Real Estate Corporation

HomeLife Glenayre Realty Chilliwack Ltd.

Toll Free:
Email Me

Speculation Tax

Have you registered with the British Columbia goverment to be exempt from the speculation tax for 2019? 

You have till March 31, 2019 to register for this exemption IF you live in one of the affected areas. Those areas are according to the British Columbia Goverment website are: 

Reserve lands, treaty lands and lands of self-governing Indigenous Nations are not part of the taxable regions.

So as a Homeowner who owns 1 property and is in one of the areas listed above, you may think that you don't have to do anything.  Unfortuantley, you would be incorrect.  Regardless if you own 1 or 5 properties, you must register to be exempt, otherwise you will recieve the bill for your home to pay the rate for 2019 for Speculation tax.  Same goes for all you investors out there.  If you have properites in one of the above listed areas and you have it rented with in the guidlines for minimum rental periods, you must register to be excempt.  

For questions about this and any other Real Estate needs, please feel free to contact me at 604-751-6799.  I look forward to talking with you


Dan Friesen - HomeLife Glenayre Realty Chilliwack. 



Have Questions?